Wednesday 1 December 2010

'pon My Word Holmes! Part 2

My dalliance with Mr Holmes continueth as we reprise one of those wonderful, wonderful Kurtzman classics, "Shermlock Shomes and the Hound of the Basketballs". Obviously modeled on the Basil Rathbone incarnation of Holmes, this shows the team of Kurtzman and Elder at their best. Even in their childhood they had been responsible for a succession of practical jokes in the worst possible taste and their collaborative efforts on Mad was a role that they were well prepared for.








Here then is the "Hound":

3 comments:

  1. Ha! a wonderful strip I have always had a soft spot for Kurtzman there is so much of his stuff I have still not seen thanks for sharing it. On a completely unrelated aside have you seen this site I have spent far too long looking at it theairtightgarage.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing that link to the Moebius blog James. His work never ceases to amaze.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous work indeed James, the image half way down of Blueberry and the dancing girls has echoes of Mirabilis about it.

    I must say I really love the Blueberry books.

    ReplyDelete